ABOUT THE USE OF THE KIT
HOW TO PLACE THE KIT
- Do not use body lotion or creams in the sternum area prior to applying the electrode
- Place the electrode onto dry, clean and free of hair skin only
CAN I PLAY FOOTBALL WITH THE KIT?
In principle, you can play football while using the kit. Nevertheless, the device hasn’t been submitted to be used during official matches and body / ball contacts on the device are not recommended. If you decide to play football with the kit, and in particular football with contact, you do it at your own risks.
IS THE MONITORING KIT WATERPROOF?
Yes, you can shower with it or even practice swimming or water sports.
IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD NOT DO WHILE USING THE KIT?
Complete instructions on how to use the device are found on the website. Find below a few user tips based on feedback from players:
- The device is waterproof so you do not need to remove it when showering or bathing, but it is advisable not to go swimming or immerse the device in excessive liquid
- When playing football, it is advisable not to use your chest to control the ball when you are wearing the device
- It is important not to use the equipment at temperatures below 0ºC and above 45ºC
- It is not recommended to use the equipment in areas with altitudes higher than 3000 meters above sea level
HOW CAN I BE SURE THAT THE DEVICE IS WORKING?
- If you look in a mirror, you will see a green light blinking every 20 seconds
- To turn off the device, you need to press the button for around 8 seconds. It is very unlikely that it happens unintentionally
I LOST MY DEVICE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If your device is lost or damaged, contact your union’s local coordinator. They will liaise with IDOVEN. For your information, the device costs 500€ and fees may apply, depending on your agreement with your union.
ABOUT THE RESULT OF THE MONITORING
I HAVE RECEIVED MY REPORT AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MORE DETAILED EXPLANATIONS ON THE RESULTS. WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
In your report, the name and email of the cardiologist that has reviewed your results is provided. They will respond to your questions within 24 hours. The cardiologist will have an IDOVEN email address. For general questions about the programme, email [email protected]
I HAVE RECEIVED MY REPORT AND THE RESULT IS 'NO ACTION REQUIRED'. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
When the report indicates 'No action required', this indicates that the result of the cardiac monitoring is normal or minor cardiac arrhythmias were detected, but are very common in the general population. Hence, no additional investigation is required at the moment.
Nonetheless, you should maintain a heart-healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet, no use of tobacco and regular physical activity, as well as regular checkups of your heart.
I HAVE RECEIVED MY REPORT AND IT MENTIONS 'ACTION REQUIRED'. WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
When the report indicates 'Action required', this indicates that cardiac arrhythmia or abnormalities were detected. In order to confirm or exclude the cause of them, and discard possible cardiac pathologies at an early stage, additional complementary tests are necessary. A specific recommendation on next actions will be provided in the report. For example, the report may recommend that you visit a Primary Care Physician to be referred to a cardiologist for additional specified tests, and how urgent the follow-up is. You can always contact Vincent Gouttebarge, FIFPRO Chief Medical Officer, to get support and guidance: [email protected].