Global player and competitions sample
Specifically, FIFPRO PWM integrates match information and workload starting from the 2018/2019 season data from:
- Domestic and international competitions;
- Official club and national team matches;
- 85 female professional football players from 6 Confederations and 6 domestic leagues;
- 265 male professional football players from 6 Confederations and 43 domestic leagues.
Scientific workload standards
The platform consists of the following three main indicators:
Match schedule, minutes played and match status (starting line-up, substitutions or bench);
Rest & recovery
Rest time between matches, off-season break and in-season break;
Travel distance covered for national team or away club matches and travel times.
Analysis & Comparisons
The tool allows for several levels of analysis; in particular:
- Player Comparison: enables comparisons between multiple players across all indicators;
- Player Analysis: in-depth analysis of each indicator per player with key information in short summary formats;
- Competition-level Analysis: compares workload and match schedule averages at league level;
- Season-by-Season Analysis: compares workload between different football seasons.