Here are some of the topics the report covers:
Role of a PDM
Player Development Managers provide holistic support towards players in the following areas:: a) education & development, b) career, c) personal development, d) financial literacy and e) wellbeing.
Case studies help raise awareness about the importance of player development. Through a database, data can show the value of PDM programmes. Surveys and interviews help to measure satisfaction levels.
Examples of good practice
- Creating awareness among athletes
- Setting up collaborations with support providers such as universities
- Finding the necessary resources for running programmes
- Offering different types of support to players
- Creating tools and materials such as a CV database