The Fédération Internationale des Associations de Footballeurs Professionnels (FIFPro) Scorpius 161, 2132 LR Hoofddorp, The Netherlands and our associated organizations (“we”, “FIFPro”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Respecting your privacy
We respect the privacy of visitors of the website and ensure that the personal information you provide to us is treated confidentially. Personal data is processed in a manner that complies with the requirements as laid down by the Dutch Personal Data Protection Regulation (Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming (AVG)).
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide when applying for the creation of an Online Account or submitting any other applications relating to your membership of FIFPro via our site.
- Information that you provide by filling in any other forms or applications on our site.
- Information we ask you to provide when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Under the current privacy rules, we are legally bound to inform you that providing your personal details is a necessary condition for us providing our service to you.
We process your personal details pursuant to the following legal principles:
- your permission (you can also withdraw this by contacting us);
- for implementing an agreement to which you are a party (for example, when providing one of our legal services);
- to meet a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- for representation of our justified interest or that of a third party. Our interest is, for example, to improve the website by finding out what information is most relevant for visitors.
Purposes of data processing
If you complete a contact or registration form on the website, or send us an e-mail, the data that you send to us is saved as long as is necessary, according to the nature of the form or content of your e-mail, to fully answer and process it.
How long do we retain data?
We retain the data for at least the duration which is imposed on us by the law, but no longer than necessary for the purpose for which the personal details were obtained.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Click behaviour and visiting data
General visiting data is kept updated on the website. The IP address of your computer, any user name, the time of data retrieval, and the data that a visitor’s browser sends along may be registered and used in this regard for statistical analyses of visiting and click behaviour on the website. This also enables us to optimise the performance of the website. We endeavour to anonymise this data. This data will never be provided to third parties.
Which security measures do we take?
FIFPro has taken suitable technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any other form of unlawful processing (hacking). All information is treated confidentially and is stored on secure servers.
What are your rights?
As party involved, you have the following rights:
- the right to request information about the processing of your personal details;
- the right to have your personal details transferred to another party (data portability);
- the right to amend your personal details;
- the right to withdraw your permission;
- the right to have your details deleted if the details are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were obtained or when you withdraw your permission. You do not always have the right to have your details removed, exceptions can be applicable.
- the right to restrict the processing;
- the right to raise objections to the processing;
- the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA) if you are of the opinion that FIFPro is acting contrary to the applicable privacy rules: https://autoriteitspersoonsgegevens.nl/en or
2509 AJ Den Haag
+31 70 8888500
You can direct your requests to
Amendments to the privacy statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. Amendments will be published on this website, so please check this statement regularly for changes.
Published: 20 October 2020