FIFPro awaits an initiative from UEFA, ECA and EPFL
Thursday 14 June
FIFPro Division Europe appeals to all stakeholders in the Social Dialogue to implement promptly the autonomous agreement on the minimum requirements for standard player contracts.
On 19 April, FIFPro Division Europe together with UEFA, ECA and EPFL signed the autonomous agreement on the minimum requirements for standard player contracts. The impressive ceremony in Brussels, in the presence of the European Commission, was the conclusion to years of negotiation with the three stakeholders.
Two months on, FIFPro Division Europe observes that, since the signing, nothing has actually happened.
FIFPro Division Europe appeals to UEFA, the national football associations, the leagues and the clubs to take the initiative as quickly as possible concerning the following matters to which all four parties have jointly agreed:
- The implementation of the Autonomous Agreement;
- To start an update of the study undertaken by Ernst & Young in 2005 into the career funds;
- To organise a meeting between UEFA, ECA, EPFL and FIFPro in order to reach a decision about the composition of the various working groups and to draw up a time frame for the Working plan 2012/2013
FIFPro advises the national players unions to take the initiative in their own country for the design of a strategy for the implementation of the minimum requirements.
- 23-05-2013 Malouda conducts draw Tournament Central Europe »
- 22-05-2013 Viktor Fischer conducts draw for FIFPro Tournament »
- 21-05-2013 Ibrahimovic wins UNFP football Trophy »
- 21-05-2013 Career fund report shows improvement is possible »
- 21-05-2013 Report: Holland most attractive country for footballers »
- 17-05-2013 Video: the opening of the new FIFPro House »
- 15-05-2013 Barcelona players honour FIFPro with surprise visit »
- 13-05-2013 Didier Drogba opens new FIFPro House »