Poborsky and Nedved welcome FIFPro Europe
Wednesday 13 June
FIFPro Division Europe and representatives of all its members gathered in Prague for their annual general assembly. The congress on 6 and 7 June in Hotel Augustine in the Czech Republic’s capital was hosted by the Czech professional footballers association CAFH.
Karel Poborsky, the chairperson of the CAFH and one of the most prominent footballers in recent Czech football history (118 caps), welcomed all participants to the general assembly. The former player of among others Manchester United, Benfica, Lazio and Ceske Budejovice said he was honored to host the two-day meeting. ‘We consider it an appreciation of the hard work and effort made by our newly founded players’ union which celebrated its one-year anniversary of existence in April 2012.’
‘I am also proud to tell you that after only one year, the CAFH has managed to sign up more than 500 professional and amateur footballers.’ Currently, the Czech players’ association is a FIFPro candidate member. ‘In only one year, since we first met the FIFPro family, we have learned a lot from you all. Thank you for helping us.’
Special guest at the Prague meeting was Pavel Nedved, the former player of Sparta Prague, Lazio, Juventus and the Czech national team (91 caps). The winner of the 2003 Ballon d’Or acts as a CAFH ambassador.
- 20-06-2013 Successful Croatian camp for players out of contract »
- 19-06-2013 Call for action in fight against match-fixing »
- 19-06-2013 First female member in Costa Rica: Shirley Cruz »
- 17-06-2013 In Croatia, 58 players have blocked bank accounts »
- 14-06-2013 Mahmoud Sarsak: ‘Football is my weapon of resistance’ »
- 14-06-2013 Agim Ibraimi named Player of the Year in Slovenia »
- 13-06-2013 Modric and Sammir Best Croatian Players »
- 12-06-2013 Montenegro: union warned for European football ban »