Six teams compete at FIFPro Tournament
Tuesday 05 June
Professional footballers’ associations from six European countries will participate in the FIFPro Tournament 2012 in Rijnsburg, The Netherlands. Last year’s winners Holland are joined by Denmark, France, Portugal, Slovenia and Spain.
For the eight time, FIFPro will organize its tournament for players without a conttract. The FIFPro Tournament started in 2005 and has since given many players the opportunity to showcase their skills in order to find a new football club and sign a contract as a professional footballer. Because of the success of the FIFPro Tournament, the world players’ union has launched new editions in Northern Europe, Eastern Europe and South America.
The Dutch city of Rijnsburg will be hosting the FIFPro Tournament for the fifth time. All matches will be played on the fields of Rijnsburgse Boys, one of Holland’s more prolific amateur clubs.
At the FIFPro head office several FIFPro board members participated in the draw for the upcoming event. They sent Slovenia, Portugal and The Netherlands into Group A and France, Denmark and Spain into Group B. Slovenia and Portugal will play the opening match on the Saturday 21 July.
On Sunday, the winners of each group will meet each other in the final. The numbers 2 and 3 of each group will also play each other.
Slovenia (Team SPINS)
Portugal (Team SJPF)
The Netherlands (Team VVCS)
France (Team UNFP)
Denmark (Team Spillerforeningen)
Spain (Team AFE)
Saturday 21 July (2x30 minutes):
11.45 h A: Slovenia-Portugal
13.00 h B: France-Denmark
14.15 h A: Slovenia-The Netherlands
15.30 h B: France-Spain
16.45 h A: Portugal-The Netherlands
18.00 h B: Denmark-Spain
Sunday 22 July (2x30 minutes):
12.30 h Match 5th/6th place
13.45 h Match 3th/4th place
15.00 h Final
- 19-06-2013 Call for action in fight against match-fixing »
- 19-06-2013 First female member in Costa Rica: Shirley Cruz »
- 17-06-2013 In Croatia, 58 players have blocked bank accounts »
- 14-06-2013 Mahmoud Sarsak: ‘Football is my weapon of resistance’ »
- 14-06-2013 Agim Ibraimi named Player of the Year in Slovenia »
- 13-06-2013 Modric and Sammir Best Croatian Players »
- 12-06-2013 Montenegro: union warned for European football ban »
- 11-06-2013 Barça players show solidarity to suffering colleagues »