From FIFPro Tournament to Polish title: Rok Elsner
Tuesday 08 May
Three weeks before the draw for the upcoming FIFPro Tournament will be held at FIFPro’s head office in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands, a former participant of this tournament for out of contract players helped his team claim the national title of Poland.
On Sunday, during the final round of this season’s championship, Slask maintained their one point advantage over Ruch Chorzow with a 1-0 win at defending champions Wisla Krakow.
Rok Elsner helped Slask Wroclaw capture the Polish title, their second in club history. The Slovenian defender scored the only goal against In the 52ste minute he found the back of the net with a long header.
In the summer of 2010 Elsner was one of the participants of the FIFPro Tournament. He made a good impression at this tournament in Rijnsburg, The Netherlands. He went to Wisla Krakow for a trial period, but could not agree on the conditions of his contract.
Elsner then opted to play in Norway at Haugesund before signing at Slask Wroclaw in January this year.
Since 2005, each year FIFPro organizes the FIFPro Tournament to help footballers without a contract find a new professional club. On Wednesday 30 May, the draw for the 2012 FIFPro Tournament will be held. This year’s participants are Denmark, France, The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia and Spain.
- 04-12-2013 FIFA FIFPro World XI 2013: Defenders Shortlist »
- 04-12-2013 Argentina's footballers: 'No money, no matches' »
- 04-12-2013 Zahir Belounis: “The struggle continues!” »
- 03-12-2013 Legal Conference America: collaborate and improve »
- 02-12-2013 Transfer system changes a matter of urgency »
- 02-12-2013 FIFA FIFPro World XI 2013: Goalkeepers Shortlist »
- 30-11-2013 Qatar hears FIFPro's concerns »
- 30-11-2013 Zahir Belounis and FIFPro »